Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.
Baby Tech Gifts for Dads: Looking for the best baby and toddler tech gadget gifts for dads? You’ve come to the right place.
- Babies and Toddlers!
- Benefits of Baby & Toddler Tech Gifts for Dads
- #1 Best Hi-Tech Car Seat: CYBEX Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0
- #2 Best Smart Crib /Bassinet: SNOO Smart Sleeper
- #3 Best Video Baby Monitor: Infant Optics DXR-8
- #4 Best Baby Swing: mamaRoo High-Tech Baby Swing
- #5 Best Sleep Aid / Tracker: Urban Hello REMI
- #6 Best Sound Machine Nightlight Combo: Hatch Baby Rest
- #7 Best Motion Detector: DecCo Toddler Motion Sensor
- #8 Best Smart Changing Pad: Hatch Baby Grow
- #9 Best Nightlight/Soother Combo: Suzy Snooze
- #10 Best Health Monitor: Owlet Smart Sock 2 Baby Monitor
- #11 Best Sleep Aid Device: Halo SnoozyPod
- Baby Tech Bonus: Health o Meter Grow with Me
- Baby & Toddler Tech Gifts for Dads: Your Turn
- Baby & Toddler Tech Gifts for Dads: Can You Give Us A Share?
- You Might Also Like
Babies and Toddlers!
Everybody loves them.
They’re cute. They’re cuddly.
Sometimes they say things like goo goo, ga ga, and da da.
Sometimes too these little cherubs soil their diapers, hop out of their cribs, or cry hysterically through the night.
But we love them just the same.
Benefits of Baby & Toddler Tech Gifts for Dads
This article explores some hot, trending baby & toddler tech gift ideas for dads. These gifts go great in a baby nursery or toddler’s bedroom.
We’ll look at some unique and award-winning new technology gadgets for parents and children that also make ideal gifts for the holidays or any of time year.
- Help make grumpy babies and toddlers happier
- Give both dad and mom added peace of mind
- Help parents and baby/toddler sleep better
- Facilitate early childhood development
With all of these benefits its no wonder the industry has seen double-digit annual growth since 2014 [source IBISWorld].
OK, without further ado, lets’ check out the best baby tech of 2020.
#1 Best Hi-Tech Car Seat: CYBEX Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0
The CYBEX Sirona M SensorSafe really is one of the safest and smartest tech car seats we’ve come across in our research. What’s more, the company has the awards to back it up. These include 2018 Best of Baby Tech Award Winner for Baby Safety, 2018 Best Convertible Car Seat – theBUMP Best of Baby Awards, and 2018 “Best in Show” – JPMA Innovation Awards.
This smart car seat’s SensorSafe 2.0 technology utilizes a sensor that is housed in the chest clip of the seat. It alerts you through your smartphone or via the vehicle’s receiver anytime an unsafe situation arises. For example, it will alert you if the child unbuckles himself, if sitting for too long, or if the back seat has gotten too cold or too warm. It will also notify you if the child is left in the car unattended. All these are monitored using an app that is compatible with all major smartphones.
Adapts from Baby to Toddler Seat
The CYBEX SensorSafe has a removable newborn inlay that supports your baby up until 11 pounds. It can then be removed for your toddler’s use and will support a weight all the way up to 65 pounds! Now that’s one large toddler!
Additional features include:
- A 12-position adjustable headrest
- An adjustable linear side protection system that reduces the impact force in case of side impact
- Head and shoulder protectors
- A near-flat angle protects the baby’s head from tipping forward while sleeping
#2 Best Smart Crib /Bassinet: SNOO Smart Sleeper
For any parent dealing with sleepless nights, the SNOO Smart Sleeper by Happiest Baby may very well be the answer to your prayers. As the parents in the video below testify, the SNOO is a life changer. Why? The SNOO Smart Sleeper is like Mother Nature reinvented. It was designed to simulate movement in the mother’s womb to soothe your baby boy or girl to sleep naturally. Its patented, gentle vibrating rhythm is a miracle worker on even the fussiest babies. And the SNOO intelligently chooses the best motions for your baby. These include enhanced vibrations when the baby is upset or slow swings when sleeping.
Big on Safety
The SNOO is also one of the safest bassinets on the market today. Its protective swaddle wings and safety clips prevent risky rolling, and SNOO claims it is the only sleep solution to keep baby safely on her or his back, as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Additionally, the crib’s dual mesh wall maximizes safety, breathability, and comfort.
📚Related: You can read my full review of the SNOO here.
The SNOO app tracks the baby’s sleep. It lets you adjust motion sensitivity, and it will alert you if the baby continues fussing. It also includes a preemie mode and weaning option to ease the transition to the crib.
The SNOO even includes a 30-day trial so if you’re not 100% satisfied, you can return it for a full refund including shipping.
This is our favorite of the 11 Best Baby Nursery and Toddler Bedroom Tech Gadget Gift Ideas as it solves a real problem for many parents.
#3 Best Video Baby Monitor: Infant Optics DXR-8
The Infant Optics DXR-8 is one of the best-rated infant video monitors available on Amazon. As of this writing, it has over 20,000 reviews and a near-perfect rating. Both the camera and the monitor are portable giving you the flexibility to take them when you are on the go. The monitor includes a 3.5 inch LCD color display. This provides a crisp, high-def image of your child and is a perfect size to take with you in any room of the house or at your bedside.
One of the main benefits of the DXR-8 Video Monitor over the competition is its interchangeable lens technology. Video streams real-time and gives a crystal clear image. The battery life is also excellent [when you need to go portable] and lasts 12 hours in power-saving mode. There is no setup involved. You simply plug it in and it works you would expect.
Some outstanding convenience features include:
- Audio playback
- Infrared (IR) night vision
- Remote pan/tilt/zoom
- Two-way talk
- Remote temperature display
- Sleek compact design for portability
- Expandable up to 4 cameras
- Screen Off, Audio Only Mode (saves 50% battery)
#4 Best Baby Swing: mamaRoo High-Tech Baby Swing
The mamaRoo High-Tech Baby Swing was designed by “4moms” to move the way you do when you are trying to soothe your baby. The baby seat sways from side to side and bounces up and down to comfort baby just like mom and dad.
- The mamaRoo has five unique motions and speeds: like a tree swing or a car ride that has five different speeds.
- It can be connected to an MP3 player to any music and if you do not have an MP3 player then it has four built-in sounds.
- The seat has multiple recline positions so that the baby can simply relax and lie back or they can play while sitting up.
- This mamaRoo is Bluetooth enabled so you can control the sound, volume, and speed through your phone.
- It also has an interactive overhead toy mobile.
#5 Best Sleep Aid / Tracker: Urban Hello REMI
Our no. 5 pick for the best baby and toddler tech gifts for dads is the UrbanHello REMI. While it may look like a toy, this cute little guy is a five-in-one sleep aid and tracking device that gives you precise sleeping data for your baby or toddler. The REMI app tracks both sleep and wake time so you know the precise times your child is getting up in the night.
You can see it on UrbanHello’s website here.
The sleepy face on the adorable REMI provides a physical cue for your child to understand that it’s time to go to sleep! When REMI is awake, his eyes are open; when it’s time to sleep, his eyes are shut. You are also able to monitor the sound and even the temperature in the room to optimize sleeping conditions. No wonder it was the winner of the 2018 National Parenting Product Awards.
The Urban Hello REMI includes all of the following:
- Night Light & Music
- Sleep Trainer
- Bluetooth speaker
- Secure Two-Way Communication Baby Monitor
- Sleep Training Clock
The product is also 100% fine-tunable and customizable using the app. Your child will look forward to bedtime with REMI.
#6 Best Sound Machine Nightlight Combo: Hatch Baby Rest
From the company that landed a $250,000 deal on Shark Tank for a high technology changing pad (see our review below), the Hatch Baby Rest is an excellent sound machine that doubles as a nightlight! The sounds machine provides white noise and lullabies that helps to soothe babies to sleep. You just tap on the top of the unit to enable presets. A variety of buttons on the bottom of the unit let you control bottom, cycle through tracks and more. While the sound quality doesn’t compare to say, a Bose speaker, the sound is pretty good.
The app is very simple to install and synch with your phone via Bluetooth and it is also very easy to control sound machine settings. Simply tap on a variety of color swatches in the app to adjust the colors of the nightlight. [Hatch recommends red and yellow hues to promote baby sleep.] You can also cycle through colors or set completely custom colors using the color palette. Additionally, you can also dim the light to achieve an optimal level of brightness for the baby’s room.
11 Sounds to Sooth Baby
There are 11 white noise sounds from which you can choose:
- Light Breeze
- Beach Waves
- Steady Stream
- 3 Lullabies
You can also customize a variety of presets to match colors and sounds. Cool product, but we’re starting to get sleepy. On the to the next!
#7 Best Motion Detector: DecCo Toddler Motion Sensor
No 7 on our list of the best baby & toddler tech gifts for dads is the “next stage of baby monitors,” the Decco Toddler Motion Sensor. This cute-looking device hangs on a child’s bedroom doorknob. The smart sensor technology will then alert parents when their toddler leaves their bedroom or other safe space.
Thanks to Mashable for publishing this video demo:
It comes with a USB cable and rechargeable lithium battery that lasts up to seven days on a full charge.
Decco setup is very simple using the free Decco App. It automatically pairs to your Android or iOS device via Bluetooth. Additionally, parents are able to customize the type of alerts they receive, including vibration, volume, and sound.
The device also allows you to get alerts even when your smartphone is on silent or set to Do Not Disturb. The Decco Toddler Motion Sensor Monitor comes with a no-risk 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty.
#8 Best Smart Changing Pad: Hatch Baby Grow
Designed by parents for parents, the Hatch Baby Grow Smart Changing Pad is a modern nursery innovation that completely changes the way you watch your baby grow. It’s a smart changing pad that combines the traditional diaper changing pads with a wireless smart scale that is built in. This allows you to track your infant’s health metrics and can reassure parents about baby’s progress. It not only lets you track baby’s weight but you can measure how much milk your baby is drinking at every feeding (in grams or ounces).
Features and Benefits
This unique smart home nursery product:
- Ensures baby’s comfort – soft to the touch and comfortable foam diaper changing pad that is easy to clean
- Gives parents peace of mind – This Baby Grow scale will let you track baby’s weight from the comfort of your home so you know they are developing properly.
- Ensures baby is getting enough nourishment: by tracking your child’s food intake after every feeding. You can even compare your baby’s weight with other hatch babies and the standard WHO data.
- Allows tracking via app – Top-rated smartphone app tracks the baby’s progress and lets parents check on progress any time to ensure baby is growing properly
With millions or recordings to date, Hatch is reimagining the way families track their baby’s growth.
#9 Best Nightlight/Soother Combo: Suzy Snooze
Research published by Stanford Children’s Health at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital cites that only about two-thirds of babies are able to sleep through the night on a regular basis by the age of six months. The same report acknowledges that many infants may not sleep more than one to two hours at a stretch.
Sadly, this can lead to sleep deprivation for many new parents. Suzy is hoping to change this. And with that, the Suzy Snooze Smart Night Light is number nine on our list of favorite baby shower tech gadget gift ideas for your smart home nursery in 2020. According to Suzy, this smart night light is scientifically proven to encourage sleep hormone production. The Suzy Snooze is special also because it includes a piece of calming ambient music and an audio baby monitor too. What’s more the Suzy Snooze works well for both babies and toddlers, so it will outlast baby’s infant years. Unlike other night lights, this one does not have any jarring noises and it doesn’t jangle or pulsate with colored hues that may even affect your vision.
Key features include:
- A soothing and comforting orange glow nightlight
- Calming ambient sleeping music
- A built-in timer
- An audio baby monitor that lets you listen in on your child
- Remote control of light, music, timer, etc. via your smartphone
- A 30-day “no questions asked” guarantee that lets you return the product in case it does not meet your expectations.
If Amazon’s stellar ratings are any indication, Suzy Snooze seems to be working well for many families!
#10 Best Health Monitor: Owlet Smart Sock 2 Baby Monitor
This Owlet Smart Sock 2 Baby Monitor is a device that tracks vital heart and oxygen health statistics about your baby.
- The comfortable sock tracks the baby’s oxygen levels and heart rate using clinically-proven pulse oximetry technology without disturbing sleep.
- The Smart Sock connects to a base station that lets you know visually that the baby is OK. It glows green if heart and oxygen levels fall within inside preset parameters.
- If heart rate or oxygen levels are too high or too low, it will alert you via lights, sounds, and smartphone app notifications.
- You will sleep better and have less anxiety knowing that baby is doing good.
You can also use the device to observe your child’s sleeping trends. Since the baby’s heart rate is being monitored, insights can be provided on the number of times your baby is awake and the duration of sleep. You can use this data to develop optimum sleep routines.
Thanks to Woody from Fatherly for the helpful video review:
#11 Best Sleep Aid Device: Halo SnoozyPod
Number 11 on our list of the best baby & toddler tech gifts for dads is the Halo Snoozy Pod. This is an excellent bedtime companion for your little one for three reasons.
First, the vibrating bedtime soother is an attachment to your baby’s existing crib that sends a gentle and calming vibration that radiates throughout a child’s mattress helping them sleep. This is also an excellent option for parents who don’t want to invest in something like the Snoo Vibrating Crib.
Second, the SnoozyPod includes bedtime sound machine that comes with three sounds: heartbeat, white noise, and a soothing stream. This can be set to play for 30 minutes or all night long.
Third, the SnoozyPod’s really cool nightlight provides a soft amber glow and projects image of star and moon into the crib. This helps to facilitate an overall calming soothing environment for baby.
You can also control all of the features of the SnoozyPod from Halo’s app. Moreover, the product can extend to toddlers – you just clip it on to the side of their bed.
Dang it, we’re getting sleepy again. On to something livelier!
Baby Tech Bonus: Health o Meter Grow with Me
I can remember going to the doctor’s office when my kids were just infants [an undisclosed number of years ago ;-)]. The doctor would check my boys’ weight by plopping on this awful cold, steel scale with a cradle on top that was “designed” to measure a baby’s weight.
The Health o Meter Grow with Me scale is quite different in that it actually was designed to ensure optimal comfort for babies as they are being weighed.
Best of all? You get to track your child’s progress from the comfort of your own home.
Baby Tech Feature Highlights
Additional highlights include:
- A “Zero Out” feature lets you put a blanket inside the scale’s cradle in order to maintain your child’s warmth. The feature discounts the weight of the blanket and even the diaper to zero out the scale during weigh-in.
- You can select whether you want the baby’s weight in kilograms or ounces.
- It accurately measures weight in half ounce increment up to 45 pounds.
- The cradle is a removable attachment. This means you can keep using it to check your baby’s weight until they reach 60 pounds. In other words, the gadget grows with your baby.
- If you are breastfeeding, then you can weigh your child after feedings to better understand milk consumption.
- The scale has a five-year warranty and is very affordable.
Baby & Toddler Tech Gifts for Dads: Your Turn
We hope you enjoyed reading our 11 best baby & toddler tech gifts for dads. If so, please share this using our social media buttons. This will help enable us to keep producing great content. Thanks!
So, what do you think our top gift picks? Will you be giving one or more of these products as a gift in the near future? Or perhaps you may be purchasing something for your own child?
Seriously, we would love to know what you think. Are there other products you feel should be on our list?
Please leave a comment below with the product name, and we will take a look. If it meets our criteria, we very well may include it a future review.
By the way, if you liked this post, you might also like our recent article on 17 Best Smart Home Gift Ideas 2018: Geeky Tech Gadgets-$12 & Up
If you found this article helpful, maybe it could help someone else. Would you mind sharing it using the colorful social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page?
Thank you🙏. It really helps our blog out a lot.
You Might Also Like
If you enjoyed this review on best baby & toddler tech gifts for dads, would you mind giving us a share on social media? You might also like these reviews and posts:
About the Author
Tim Brennan, Technical Writer & Blogger
Tim Brennan [a.k.a. "Tec Timmy"] is a senior technical writer with over 20 years of experience writing for companies and organizations in and around Greater Boston, including GE and MIT. In addition to actively writing for this smart home blog, Tim is also a regular contributor over at UniversalRemoteReviews.com. Tim holds a BA in Journalism from Northeastern University. Brennan is a father to two sons, an active blogger, a Star Wars nut, and loves a good taco🌮. There is a strong chance he is developing a crush on Amazon Alexa. You can learn more about Tim here.